Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Malton, North Yorkshire|
|Sector||Industrial and Manufacturing|
|Salary||£31,000 - £33,000 per annum|
|Job Ref||Multi Skilled Maintenance - Mich|
- To carry out routine, preventive maintenance on a wide range of plant.
- To diagnose and provide solutions for breakdowns across site.
- To feedback on all work undertaken within the company’s CMMS (PEMAC), providing Plant Engineers with information required to develop engineering strategies with regard to assets.
Work closely with Production, Quality, Safety and Controls teams to ensure that plant priorities are met.
- React quickly to plant breakdown situations when notified by production and provide timely, robust solutions to return plant to full productivity.
- Ensure compliance with planned maintenance strategies for plant and equipment.
- Attend shift briefs to ensure continuity and quality of work across all shifts.
- Recommend and support value added improvement initiatives where appropriate.
- To support the companies manufacturing process by being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults.
- Make Plant Engineers aware of any machine issues and aid with stock control by reporting potential shortages.
- Maintain high standards of craftsmanship, HSE awareness and housekeeping in all work areas.
- Attend educational courses, workshops, training etc. to develop technical knowledge and abilities.
Carry out modifications and installation work where required to continually improve plant reliability, safety and process quality.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- HND/City and Guilds/NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualified in Engineering with 17th Edition (electrical) and at least 3 years’ experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Significant and demonstrated experience in complying with planned and preventative engineering strategies.
- Must be able to demonstrate a diverse skill set encompassing electrical skills / knowledge and at least one other core discipline e.g. mechanical or controls / PLC.
- Fault finding and rectification skills on a range of equipment.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
- Ability to use clear judgment and make methodical decisions in ambiguous and pressurised situations.
4 - shift continental pattern, 12 hours per shift.
Due to a high volume of applicants we are receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful to be invited into interview If you have not been contacted within the next 7 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.