|Job Type||Temporary to Permanent|
|Area||Malton, North Yorkshire|
|Sector||Industrial and Manufacturingengineering and TechnicalConstruction and trades|
|Job Ref||Quality Controller Kel|
Due to continued growth and expansion our client is currently recruiting for Quality Controllers to join there current Technical team, based in Malton North Yorkshire.
Days of work vary to include weekends and bank holidays on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. The core hours of work are 8am – 8pm. Flexibility is essential for this role as depending on business requirements working hours may vary.
Pay rate is £8.70 per hour with overtime above weekly core hours
Key Elements of the role:
- Understands and successfully implements the quality management systems associated with the production of food to the agreed safety and quality standards.
- Provides practical support and drives to promote a Quality Assurance culture.
- Works proactively with the operations team to ensure on going compliance of standards.
- Assist in delivery of site standards for visits and audits either through direct input or indirect support.
- Communicating with QC Team Leaders on technical issues to achieve resolution.
- Challenges none conformances and reports issues promptly.
- Leads by example and enforces and maintains the required standards on site.
- You will need to be accountable for ensuring the good quality and accurate output of your own workload.
- Completing documentation as required accurately and with attention to detail
- Auditing areas and processes as required
- Quarantine procedure implemented and followed as required
- Ideally you will have previous experience within a fast paced food manufacturing environment but this is not essential.
- Working knowledge of HACCP and GMP
- Retort experience
- Internal Auditing Qualification
- Food Hygiene Training
- Proven team management
- Provision of an efficient, courteous and prompt assistance when required
We are looking for individuals with a pro-active and positive approach who are flexible, reliable and accountable. You should be able to work as part of a team and having a “can do” attitude is vital, you must be able to work confidently without constant or direct supervision. You must also be able to work alongside other departments within the business.
You should be adaptable and calm under pressure.
Knowledge of a Food Manufacturing environment, health and safety awareness and food hygiene and food safety aspects would be desirable. A good understanding of English and maths is required. Completing required documentation accurately, and with attention to detail is essential for this role.