This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Scarborough, North Yorkshire|
|Sector||Industrial and Manufacturingengineering and Technical|
|Job Ref||Technical Writer|
We are currently looking for a technical writer / Technical Communicator to join our clients team in the Scarborough area. This is a Monday to Friday role with a very competitive salary.
Technical Writer Job Purpose
To Compose clear and coherent technical information, discuss commercial and industrial products and services, write instruction manuals for users, and possess complete understanding of a company's products and applications.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
- Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialised topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Collaborates with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages
- Works with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements
- Revises, edits, or updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines
- Specialises in technical writing for one or more specific industries
- Remains up-to-date on technological and product developments as well as universal specifications relevant to his or her industry
- Attends conferences, trade shows, and educational seminars pertinent to his or her industry
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, or Information Technology; Written Communication;
- Ability to Explain Concepts Clearly;
- Planning and Organisation;
- Knowledge of Software and Computers;
- Attention to Detail;
- Ability to Work Under Pressure.